darkwingduckie

Towers of Books Come Tumbling Down!

I love all kinds of books! For all my friends, I am known on GR as Alicja. I don't stick with a genre, that's boring. Instead you'll get reviews from the most random assortment of fiction and non-fiction works. It's probably due to my interests being as eclectic as my book tastes.

I'm a girlfriend-loving bisexual, science fiction geek, PC gamer, historical fiction devourer, hiker, atheist, history buff, opera lover, vegetarian, kayaker, metal and hard rock concert goer, science nerd, politics debater, world traveler, M/M romance fan, and I have the ability to transform from an adult-like hard-working professional into a screaming fangirl in five seconds flat.

A Big Hand For The Doctor by Eoin Colfer

Doctor Who: A Big Hand For The Doctor: First Doctor - 50th Anniversary (Doctor Who Digital) - Eoin Colfer

Rating: 2/5

Summary: Susan, the Doctor’s granddaughter, and the children she’s trying to rescue get kidnapped by Soul Pirates. So of course it is up to the Doctor to mount a rescue.

Review: I was so excited when I first heard about the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, but when I read this one I couldn’t help but feel very disappointed. I feel like I’m repeating the reviews of a lot of others out there but… this is not the first Doctor. The Doctor here sounds too New Who-ish and not like the first Doctor presented in the old TV episodes (I’ve had the pleasure of watching a few of the them a couples of years ago at a convention-was surprised to hear him called Grandfather- and I am so glad I did because I enjoyed them immensely). As far as the story goes, it was just ok. It was too easy of a fix for it to really be interesting; I kept staring at my screen willing more chapters to appear since it seemed like there had to be more.

However, seeing as each Doctor Who short is written by a different author I’m not giving up on these yet. The next one is just sitting there in my Kindle taunting me but since I can only handle so much disappointment at a time it’ll have to wait for a bit.