darkwingduckie

Towers of Books Come Tumbling Down!

I love all kinds of books! For all my friends, I am known on GR as Alicja. I don't stick with a genre, that's boring. Instead you'll get reviews from the most random assortment of fiction and non-fiction works. It's probably due to my interests being as eclectic as my book tastes.

I'm a girlfriend-loving bisexual, science fiction geek, PC gamer, historical fiction devourer, hiker, atheist, history buff, opera lover, vegetarian, kayaker, metal and hard rock concert goer, science nerd, politics debater, world traveler, M/M romance fan, and I have the ability to transform from an adult-like hard-working professional into a screaming fangirl in five seconds flat.

Star Trek: Countdown to Darkness by Roberto Orci, Mike Johnson, David Messina

Star Trek: Countdown to Darkness - Roberto Orci, Mike Johnson, David Messina

Rating: 3/5

Summary: Filler story in between the 2009 and 2013 Star Trek movies.

Review: I read this before watching the movie but wanted to wait to write the review until after seeing it. This comic contained lots of good foreshadowing for the movie (I also think I figured out the general premise for the next movie, and I’m sure there will be another one). Also, I liked the way it handled relationships between Spock & Kirk and Spock & Uhura (again, more foreshadowing).

However, the story as a standalone was just decent. So as not to spoil, let’s just say that the actions of the “bad guy” didn’t seem that rational; he could have done so much more if he really wanted to help if he had, uh, used his resources better. But I’ve come to not expect logic from these new Star Treks (whether movies or comics) and just enjoy the action-y goodness (which this comic was filled with) and the prettiness of Spock (yes, I know, I’m being very shallow). Still, TNG and the original Star Trek (and crush-worthy Seven of Nine) are still my favorites.