darkwingduckie

Towers of Books Come Tumbling Down!

I love all kinds of books! For all my friends, I am known on GR as Alicja. I don't stick with a genre, that's boring. Instead you'll get reviews from the most random assortment of fiction and non-fiction works. It's probably due to my interests being as eclectic as my book tastes.

I'm a girlfriend-loving bisexual, science fiction geek, PC gamer, historical fiction devourer, hiker, atheist, history buff, opera lover, vegetarian, kayaker, metal and hard rock concert goer, science nerd, politics debater, world traveler, M/M romance fan, and I have the ability to transform from an adult-like hard-working professional into a screaming fangirl in five seconds flat.

If It Ain't Love by Tamara Allen

If It Ain't Love - Tamara Allen

Rating: 3.5/5

Summary: During the Great Depression a reporter, Whit, meets Peter, a man whose fall from riches poses a mystery he can’t ignore.

Review: The first half that sets up the mystery is interesting and actually well written which surpassed my expectations; the descriptions are vivid and interactions between characters natural. The second half fell into the romance genre cliché but that was to be expected. The short story gives us a very sappy and sweet ending but sometimes we all need an uncomplicated happily ever after.