darkwingduckie

Towers of Books Come Tumbling Down!

I love all kinds of books! For all my friends, I am known on GR as Alicja. I don't stick with a genre, that's boring. Instead you'll get reviews from the most random assortment of fiction and non-fiction works. It's probably due to my interests being as eclectic as my book tastes.

I'm a girlfriend-loving bisexual, science fiction geek, PC gamer, historical fiction devourer, hiker, atheist, history buff, opera lover, vegetarian, kayaker, metal and hard rock concert goer, science nerd, politics debater, world traveler, M/M romance fan, and I have the ability to transform from an adult-like hard-working professional into a screaming fangirl in five seconds flat.

Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams

Life, the Universe and Everything (Hitchhiker's Guide, #3) - Douglas Adams

Rating: 5/5

Summary: The adventure continues for Arthur Dent, Ford Perfect, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Trillian, and Marvin.

Review: Ouch! My head hurts! When reading so much of this series, there are times I feel just like Arthur Dent (and respond in a similar way through staring with my mouth open like my brain stopped working for a moment). Again, another brilliant hit by Adams, the third in the series.

I don’t know if I just got used to Adams’ writing style or can interpret between the lines better but I’m finding more critiques of society, technology, politics, human nature, evolution, religion, etc. in this one than the first two. My favorite quote is, “He wasn’t sure whether he just got space sickness or religion.” It seemed that his atheistic views came out more here than in the previous two as well.

The adventure here is just as random (and yet not) and hilarious that kept me laughing the whole way through. And I’ll shut up as not to spoil the fun.